Beginner Crochet Designs
Many people ask me how to design my own crochet
pattern? Designing own patterns can be fun if you are well aware
and crochet stitches.
Imagine designing your own and hats, scarves, headbands, bandanas,
shirts, sweaters, pullovers, ponchos, stoles, shawls, throws, wraps,
capes, dresses, gloves, socks, slippers, shoes, jewelry, hair accessories,
teapot covers, cushions, rugs, curtain frills, net laces, place
mats, mobile pouches, iPod covers, bags, pouches, key ring chimes,
baby toys, baby dresses and even more.
But to design all these you should know how to make chain, single
crochet or slip stitch, treble, double treble, double treble braid,
half treble, buttonholes( horizontal and vertical), chevron strips,
increasing, decreasing, scalloped edgings (angles, arches, clover,
cluster, crab, picot lace, picot leaf, steps, twisted stitch, triple
treble), chevron pattern, crisscross, double-double crochet, lattice
stitch, leaf, little leaf, pineapple, raised basket weave, up and
down, zigzag, fillet crochet, loopy crochet, jacquard, chainmail,
crazy, fan stitch, spiral crochet, tubular crochet, rib, rose stitch,
Russian and twisted stitches.
Supposing you are aware of the basic
crochet stitches, here I will tell you how to make a few fabric
stitches, which provide the main body of the project.
1. Make a number of chain divisible by 4 plus 2 and 1 extra turning
chain. Work 2 rows dc (you now have a number of stitches divisible
by 4 with plus 2).
2. 3rd row: 3 chain* miss next dc, 1 tr into each of next 3 dc,
1 tr back into the missed dc, repeat from* to last st, 1 tr into
the last st.
3. 4th row: 1 ch, 1 dc into each st to end. The 3rd and 4th rows
are the main rows that form the pattern.
1. Make a number of chains divisible by 2 plus 1.
2. 1st row: Into 3rd chain from hook work 2 dc, miss 1 ch, *2
dc into next ch, miss 1 ch, repeat from* to last st, 2 dc in the
last st. Now turn.
3. 2nd row: 2 ch, *miss 1 dc, work 2 dc into 2nd dc of group,
repeat from* to end. Now again turn. The 2nd row is the main row
that forms the patterns and is repeated throughout the pattern piece.
1. Make number of chains divisible by 2 plus 1.
2. 1st row: Into 3rd chain from hook work 1 dc, 1 ch, 1dc into
same st, miss 1 ch, *1dc, 1 ch, 1 dc, into next st, miss 1 ch, repeat
from* to last st, 1 dc, 1 ch, 1 dc into last st. turn.
3. 2nd row: 2 ch, *into ch between 2 dc of previous row work 1
dc, 1 ch, 1 dc, repeat from* to end. Turn. The 2nd row forms pattern
and is repeated throughout.