50 gms of Pink, Mauve, Turquoise and Sky blue thread/wool each,
crochet hook, tapestry needle.
1. 1st row: Pink ch 4, join with a sl st to form a ring. Ch 3, 3
dc in ring, remove hook from loop, insert hook in 3rd st of ch 3
and draw loop through, ch 3, * 4 dc in ring, remove hook from loop,
insert hook in first dc and draw loop through, ch 1, ch 2. Repeat
from * twice more, join - 4 bobbles and 4 ch 3 spaces.
2. 2nd row: * In next ch 3 space work 1 sc, 1hdc, 3 dc, 1 hdc,
1 sc (petal). Repeat from * 3 times more, join. Fasten off.
3. 3rd row: Holding petals forward, * ch 3, 1 dc between bobbles
on Round 1, ch 3, sl st at back at top of next bobble. Repeat from
*, ending ch 3, sl st in first sc where you started round to join
- 8 ch 3 spaces.
4. 4th row: In ch 3 loops work petals all around, join - 8 Mauve
petals. Fasten off.
5. 5th row: With right side facing you, holding petals forward,
join Turquoise in any junction between Mauve petals, * ch 7 loosely
and then, working in the back ridge, 1 sc in 2nd st from hook, 1
hdc in each of next 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next 3 sts, holding petals
forward 1 sl st at next junction between petals. Repeat from * all
around, join - 8 leaves.
6. 6th row: Ss in next st, * 5 sc on side of next leaf, 3 sc in
point of leaf, 5 sc on other side of same leaf, skip 2 sts. Repeat
from * 7 times more, join. Fasten off.
7. 7th row: With right side facing you, join Sky blue in center
sc at point of any leaf and do 2 sc in same st, * 1 hdc in each
of next 2 sts, 1 dc dec over next 2 sts, work a tr dec over the
next 4 sts 1 dc dec over next 2 sts, 1 hdc in each of next 2 sts,
3 sc in st at point of leaf. Repeat from * around, ending last repeat
1 sc in point of leaf, join.
8. 8th row: 1 sc in each of next 2 sc, *1 hdc in each of next 2
sts, 1 dc dec over next 3 sts, 1 hdc in each of next 2 sts, 1 sc
in each of next 3 sc. Repeat from * around ending with 1sc in next
sc. Fasten off.
9. 9th row: Using Turquoise join in on dc dec between leaves Work
1 sc in every stitch all around, join.
10. 10th row: 1sc in the same st, ch 6 loosely and, working into
the back ridge, into 2nd ch from hook work 1sc, then work 2 hdc,
2 dc and 1 dc into the side of the first sc made - this dc is attached
to the round below it in a special way, Yarn over hook and draw
up a thread in the side of the sc, *poke hook through next st on
previous round and draw a thread through it and two loops on the
hook, repeat from *. Sc dec over the next 2 sts, ch 6 loosely and
continue on to make 6 more leaves. Sc dec over the next 2 sts, 2
sc, sc dec over the next 2 sts and make 7 more leaves to match first
half. Sc dec over the next 2 sts, 3 sc, ss to beginning of round
11. 11th row: 1 sc into each st to tip of leaf * x 3, 1 sc into
each of next 3 sts on other side of leaf, sc dec over next 6 sts
like this: (without drawing through last 2 loops for each sc - 2
sc, skip 2 sts, 2sc, draw through all loops on hook), 3 sc. Repeat
from * to top of 7th leaf. (1 sc into side of last sc made) x 3,
sc down other side of 7th leaf (don't do any decreases). Ss over
the sts separating the sets of leaves.
12. 12th row: Using Pink: Joining in centre st at leaf tip do 2
sc, * sc and hdc dec over next 2 sts (the first st is a sc and the
second st is a hdc), 4 dc dec over next 5 sts (by skipping the middle
st), hdc and sc dec over next 2 sts, 3 sc in next st. Repeat from
* to top of last leaf but end with 2 sc rather than 3 sc. Turn.
13. 13th row: 1 sc into same st, *1 hdc in next st, dc dec over
next 3 sts, 1 hdc in next st, 1 sc in next st. Repeat from *. Turn.
14. 14th row: In same sp do 1 sc and then work 1 sc into side of
last sc twice more. This is the equivalent of chaining 3 to stand
in for the first dc but is 'thicker'. 1 dc into each st to the end,
ch 3 and leave a long tail (at least 6 inches).
15. Do 12, 13 and 14 to other side to match. At the end of Round
14 join the ch 3's to the top of the first st on the other side
of the handle or spout hole. Fasten off.
16. 15th row: Using Mauve do 1 dc in every st all around including
the 3 ch 'bridges' over the handle and spout holes. Join. Make sure
you have an even number of dc's in the Round. If you do not then
'fudge' in an extra somewhere (under the handle or spout hole is
a good spot).
17. 16th row: In same sp do 1 sc and then work 1 sc into side of
last sc twice more. *In next st work a dc but do no draw through
last 2 loops, work a fptr around the 4th dc on the row below from
the st where you are (counting the st where you are as Number One),
finish off the fptr and dc tog. 1 dc in next st. Repeat from * all
around ending with the fptr combination. Join.
18. 17th row: Work crab stitch all the way around.
19. Using Turquoise work ss all around the handle and spout holes.